LAURA MEDLEY | DIGITAL STRATEGY, MARKETING & MARTECH
Today’s market is driven by the personalized customer journey at all its touchpoints and a “mobile first” mindset. By strategically analyzing customer data we can now have real conversations with people to give them a highly personal brand experience increasing both acquisition and retention.
My background in digital merges all elements of the consumer experience backed by data. Now more than ever, we can create amazing and profitable consumer-centric experiences by focusing on “people” with contextual communications.
Greater Miami CVB Apr 2017-Current FL Digital Strategy / Website Director
Built a cutting-edge digital environment for the tourism space that incorporates personalization features with Google functionality into a complete “Experience Engine” for the Miami traveler to engage in every stage of their literal “journey”. From dreaming of that perfect vacation to actually being on the ground in Miami, this includes elements that infuse web and mobile web apps and more to make travel better.
- Created content partnership with Google (“Miami on Google”), creating our brand content directly on the Google Miami SERP adding over 5M views in the first 2 months with a 4.5% Avg interaction rate.
- Built website with features for “Trip Planner”, “Recommendation Engine”, and complete 360 mappings of Miami attractions, hotels and restaurant partners.
- Phasing in “Itinerary Builder”, Augmented Reality location mapping, the complete roll-out of the “Experience Engine” and VR showcases.
- Structure and manage strategic aspirational elements of website with over 1000 pieces of content and growing at a pace of 50 assets per month.
- Partnered with Google on Google Earth Voyager, Google My Business for our Partnership/Multicultural and Arts & Culture departments, 360 Street View to bring Miami to those who can’t yet make it here. Showing them the unique Found in Miami “Hidden Gems” and “Must Sees”.
Consulting Global Digital Strategy and Marketing Consultant
Consulted for Sapient, Miami Heat, CVS, IBM Global Business Consulting Services, Reuters and others on digital strategy, design, marketing & production for multiple industries increasing revenue with data-driven strategic planning throughout the complete customer journey.
AB&A Advertising Aug 2012-Dec 2013 FL Senior Interactive Director
Built and managed Interactive Department for a boutique ad agency, generating new business and growth with enhanced marketing and digital production strategies.
Multiply Jun 2011-Aug 2012 FL SEO Director
Managed SEO teams in South East Asia to enhance site traffic and ecommerce sales for 2nd largest ecommerce platform. – heavily focusing on Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines.
United Media Oct 2008-Jun 2011 NYC Senior Interactive Producer
Created engaging and monetizable online customer engagement experiences for the entrepreneurially-driven, online division of a leading entertainment company with over $120 million in brand licensing.
- Spearheaded all areas of digital production, branding, marketing and management; executing multi-million-dollar online and cross-channel projects for the Dilbert and Peanuts brands.
- Strategized, produced, marketed and managed multiple brand’s interactive products with over 25 million monthly views; including websites, mobile, widgets, video and ecommerce; utilizing user-generated content, social media, data-driven analytics into combined campaigns to increase brand engagement and profitability.
- Combine strategy, planning and all areas of digital and offline marketing to execute customer-centric websites and interactive digital experiences.
- Planned, executed and analyzed multiple ecommerce consumer points of contact that would not otherwise have associated sales, such as widgets and search as well as exclusive products (on demand, user-generated and other) products leading to increased sales and fan engagement.
- Managed over 30 internal and external staffing resources incl. researched and hiring of vendors, freelancers and vetting technology solutions that cut overhead by 75% while building in better efficiency and scalability.
- Developed and executed all schedules, resources, requirements, deliverables and budgets.
- Marketing development incorporating Google Analytics, SEO and branding with integrated email, ad banner and web campaigns increasing sales and ad revenue.
- Researched and implemented new ideas and strategy through continuing outreach, networking and conferences on leading technologies, consumer trends and industry best practices.
New Line Cinema Sep 2004-Oct 2008 NYC Ecommerce Web Manager
Built and managed profitable customer-centric official ecommerce shops for billion-dollar brand IPs such as Harry Potter, Looney Tunes, New Line Cinema and Cartoon Network, Warner Bros., Ellen and more.
- Ecommerce strategy and digital production for the official online shops for New Line Cinema, Warner Bros., MGM, WBTV, Looney Tunes Shop, Harry Potter Shop, Cartoon Network Shop, Warner Bros. Shop, among others; raising ecommerce revenue through cross channel ecommerce marketing enhancements in SEM, email, SEO and customer loyalty programs.
- Built customer-centric ecommerce websites and user experiences for billion-dollar entertainment brands.
- Hired and managed internal and freelance staff resources, vendors and technology solutions reducing cost and increasing revenue by finding new opportunities to enhance consumer products and engagement.
- Managed requirements, deliverables and budget, managing over 30 different vendors, contractors, consultants and partnerships.
- Cross channel marketing campaign development; incorporating email, web, affiliate, partnerships, brick and mortar, and digital strategies increasing the effectiveness of campaigns by 10% – 50%.
- Worked closely with multiple internal divisions as well as external partnerships with affiliates and related brands on cross channel campaigns to increase reach and effectiveness.
Brownstone Publishers, Inc. Jun 2001-Sep 2004 NYC Website Manager Increased B2B publishing house revenue, starting with an initial online deficit to a million dollars in profit in one year by creating new digital product lines and enhancing existing customer experiences.
Wit Capital – Wit SoundView Oct 97-Apr 2001 NYC Project Manager/Website Manager
Web and project manager, developer and designer for all digital and web projects for online financial services and investment bank, venture capital and brokerage start-up; increasing the company’s investor base from 1000 (at 20 employees) to over 500K investors in less than a two-year period worth hundreds of millions of dollars in sales.
Martech / Digital Marketing Strategy / Interactive Production / Inbound Marketing / Website Management / E-Commerce / Social Media / Mobile / Content Marketing / Cross-channel Marketing / Digital Project Management / Branding / Email Marketing / Video / SEM / Display / Retargeting / Social Advertising / SEO / Analytics / Design / Marketing Automation / Development / Customer Journey / Data / Personalization / 360-Street View /
EDUCATION: Miami Dade, University of Miami, Baruch
AFFILIATIONS: Internet Strategy Forum NYC, Webgrrls, SFIMA, GGBFL