2024 is going to turn a new page in the craft of Content Strategy. As we take a peek into this future, Artificial Intelligence is one character that really stands out. Not as the lead – that role will continue to be had by the masterful human storyteller. No, all signs indicate AI is really going to shine playing the part of the trusty scientist back at the lab. Crunching the numbers, analyzing the data, and building the bridges between consumer need, intent, and usage and the storyteller’s art of crafting a compelling narrative.
AI will be working behind the scenes to empower those lead storytellers with data-driven insights and tools, enhancing the art of crafting compelling narratives for your business. It’s already started. Here are some of the AI offerings that can already contribute to your business success:
- AI-Enhanced Content Personalization Platforms: A business model that revolves around an advanced AI platform specifically designed for content strategists and marketers. This platform would use machine learning algorithms to analyze consumer behavior, preferences, and engagement patterns in real-time. Some current platforms that are working on this are:
- MarketMuse: MarketMuse uses AI to help content marketers with planning, researching, and optimizing content. It provides insights into what content to create, how to optimize it for search engines, and how to ensure it aligns with user intent.
- Dynamic Yield: With adaptML, a self-evolving deep learning system, Dynamic Yield says it not only grasps the nuances of customer buying intent but also expertly predicts which products will captivate each user’s interest.
- Data-Driven Storytelling Consultancies*: A consultancy model that combines the expertise of seasoned content strategists and master storytellers with sophisticated AI tools. The consultancy might offer services like AI-powered content audits, strategy development workshops, and training for content creators on leveraging AI insights in storytelling.
- AI-Driven Content Creation and Optimization Tools: These focus on the creation and optimization of content. They use AI to assist in generating content ideas, headlines, and even initial drafts based on trending topics, search engine data, and user engagement metrics. Additionally, it would provide real-time suggestions for optimizing content for better engagement and SEO performance.
- SEMRush: Integrated within the SEMRush platform, there are now multiple tools that utilize AI that help in the optimization and creation of content. Enter details about your niche and get topic ideas. The tool also analyzes your competition as well as questions your audience asks online to give you relevant and data-driven results and goes so far as helping with drafts, tweaks, and other copy creation.
These companies and their products are just a few of all of the businesses that are integrating AI into various aspects of content strategy, from creation and personalization to analysis and optimization. As the field of AI continues to evolve rapidly, you can expect new entrants and developments in this space every day.
What does 2024 have in store for content strategy in this AI-human partnership? All of this and so much more. It’s an exciting new chapter. Alongside this, we navigate the crucial ethical pathways that come with such advanced technology. Join me in exploring the rich tapestry of opportunities that AI weaves into the fabric of digital marketing, where technology and human creativity converge to redefine engagement and connection.
*In full transparency, I previously worked for Publicis’ Razorfish Agency as a Content Strategy Director.
Read my full article on AI and Content in 2024: The Next Chapter in Digital Marketing on Linkedin.